Sunday 24 July 2011

Introducing...


Hello and welcome to the Terry White Chemists Berwick Pharmacist Blog. Our goal is to provide you with information and general advice on health-related issues...the sort of stuff you can have a chat to your friendly local pharmacist about, but from the comfort of your own computer (or mobile phone or iPad or other device, if you’re tech-savvy).

The information provided will be researched and published in good faith, but please remember that it is general in nature and we can’t advise on individual cases. As always, if you have any health concerns, contact your local pharmacist or family doctor, or call 000 (or your country’s relevant emergency telephone number) in emergency cases.

I guess I should introduce myself.

My name is Kelly and I’m a pharmacist who works in a large metropolitan teaching hospital network in Melbourne. For the majority of my career (and I’ve been a pharmacist for almost ten years now...yikes! Where did the time go?), I’ve worked in hospital pharmacy, but I’ve also spent some time working in community pharmacy. My husband Darren (who is also a pharmacist and one of the owners of Terry White Chemist Berwick) and I also spent two years based in England where we worked as hospital pharmacists and spent any spare time and money that we had on travelling.

Right now I work part-time at the hospital and am kept very busy raising our gorgeous 19-month old daughter, The Munchkin. I used to think being a pharmacist was a hectic and rewarding job, but since becoming a mum, the words hectic and rewarding have both taken on a whole new meaning!

I must confess that I had never even considered writing a blog until I was asked to do so by Darren, Chris, Pete and Grahame, the owners of Terry White Chemists Berwick. To be honest, I was quite petrified by the idea initially (and still am, a bit)! But then I did a bit of a search to see what other pharmacist blogs exist out there, and was surprised to see that there wasn’t much, and especially not in terms of actual health advice.

So in-between my hospital pharmacist job and mummy job, I have agreed to give this blogging shenanigan a try. Not that there’s very much “in-between time”! If you want a job done, give it to a busy person, right?

I’m really excited about this and as I’m completely new at it, I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments and especially suggestions on what you would like to read. Don’t be afraid to tell me the truth...gulp...I can take it!

If you’re in the area, please pop into our store at 51 High Street, Berwick (we also have one at Eden Rise Shopping Centre) to say hello to our friendly and knowledgeable staff and experience our exceptional customer service for yourself. We’re sure you’ll be impressed by our great range of health and beauty services. We have male and female pharmacists, of all different ages and backgrounds, with many years of both pharmacist and life experience between them, who would love a chat. And there are times when a coffee and cake at Gallery Cafe, a massage at Indulge at Berwick, our beauty salon, or a mini-makeover at the Estee Lauder, Chanel, Clinique or Napoleon Perdis counter, can make you feel better than any tablet!

We'd love for you to visit our website and make sure you browse our online store if you're looking for a gift for yourself or a special someone.

Thanks for stopping by. The team at Terry White Chemists Berwick and I all look forward to seeing more of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment